- Clothes Aid supporting Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice
Zoë’s Place is delighted to announce that we have teamed up with Clothes Aid, a clothing collection company to enable funds to be generated from the collection of your unwanted clothing. The initiative began in January 2009 and during the last 12 months has raised over £27,000 for our Hospice. Thank to you to everyone has supported this initiative.
- Local Company Roberts Recycling supporting Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice
It’s estimated that more than 1 million tonnes of textiles are thrown away each year! Currently we only recycle 25% of textiles. Textiles account for 3% of household waste.
- Roberts Recycling can re-use and recycle almost any type of wearable textile, including T-Shirts, Shoes, Belts, etc.
- Textiles unsuitable for re-use are recycled. Cottons and linen are cut down to be re-used as industrial wipes.
- Materials such as wool are ‘pulled’ and made into fresh yarn, or re-used as felt for stuffing upholstery.
We would like to encourage our supporters to put wearable clothes, shoes and other textiles into plastic bags and take them to a textile bank. Textile banks are located at:
- Zoë’s Place Baby Hospice, Yew Tree Road, West Derby, L12 9HH
- McDonalds Car Park, Irlam Road, Off County Road, Liverpool L32 1TS
- Lifestyle Fitness, Long Lane, Garston, Liverpool, L19 6PE
- Daisy & Jake Day Nursery, 185 Spital Road, Spital, Wirral, CH62 2AF
- St Anne Street Police Station, Liverpool L3 3HJ